The Dawson Regional Planning Commission and staff have been hard at work this summer and are feeling rejuvenated after a very productive in-person/virtual public Commission meeting in Dawson on August 3rd. Here is a quick update on what they have accomplished and some insight into what is next.
New materials available: At the August Commission meeting, the Commission approved a number of key planning reports they have been working on. This website (dawson.planyukon.ca) now has the following documents:
- Issues and Interests Report
- In Your Words: Report on Public Engagement Oct 2019 - June 2020
- Draft Plan Goals for Draft Land Use Plan
- Annual Report 2019-2020
- Resource Assessment Report 2020
- pdf Minutes from Regular Commission Meeting #4 Dec 4 2019 (577 KB)
- pdf Minutes from Emergency Meeting February 19 2020 (572 KB)
Tr'ondëk Hwëch'in Citizen Input (Audio File): In the spring of 2020 the Tr'ondëk Hwëch'in Land Stewardship Framework team conducted interviews with many TH Citizens. They have provided us with an audio compilation, with permission to share this file with the public. Click here to listen to this important submission.
Next Steps: While COVID may have slowed us down, the team will be moving forward this fall in developing a Draft Plan based on the Commission's vision statement, draft goals, compiled technical information and public input we have received to date.