Call to action: Don’t miss out on this chance to work in incomparable Dawson City, Yukon, a place where cultural history, nature and opportunity converge.
- Motivated to get things done and make a difference?
- Interested in being more in touch with the land and water?
- Looking for a place where your ideas are respected and your talent is nurtured?
- A collaborator that can work with others to find solutions to complex challenges?
- A strategic thinker that can see the big picture?
A planner that is looking for a new opportunity?
The Dawson Regional Planning Commission has developed a Recommended Plan for the Dawson region and are ready to move on to the final stages of planning. This is an exciting time join our team and be part of the plan approval process.
The Senior Land Use Planner will:
· Spearhead the development of a Final Recommended Plan, as directed, for the Dawson Region;
· Evaluate proposed development projects in the region and provide recommendations for alignment with the Recommended Plan through the YESAB process; and
· Prepare to support implementation of an approved plan for the region.
Term Position: June 15, 2023 - March 31, 2024 (with likely extension)
Annual Salary: $91,860 - $110,233
Location: Dawson City preferred. Whitehorse as an alternative (with frequent travel opportunities)
As other positions become available, applicants will also be considered for future positions within the Dawson Regional Planning Commission and Yukon Land Use Planning Council.
We support the intent of Article 22.4 of the Yukon Umbrella Final Agreement. Accordingly, we seek to hire members of Yukon First Nations, when qualified candidates are found. Therefore, all applicants are asked to indicate whether they are members of a Yukon First Nation.