Some key points include:
- A new region boundary that reflects a recent agreement between Tr'ondëk Hwëch'in and Vuntut Gwitchin Government regarding their overlapping Traditional Territories. This new region is a bit smaller, and has two non-contiguous (not touching) portions. See the adjacent map.
- The Commission should consider potential future land uses and their implications. The time horizon for these considerations should be no less than 20 years.
- A Technical Working Group, with members from the Parties, commission staff and the Yukon Land Use Planning Council, with help provide information to the Commission from the Parties and other sources.
- The Senior Liaison Committee, with members from the Parties, will clarify policies and directions.
- The Commission will be provided updated information reports. Their first major planning product from them will likely be a Draft Plan.
- The Commission should have completed their planning process by the first half of 2020.